PROPHECY® PERSONALIZED KNEE SOLUTIONS
Prophecy® guides replace much of the standard instrumentation typically involved in establishing proper resections by conforming specifically to each patient’s native anatomy. Through natural contours and osteophytes, the guides are designed to fit exactly to the patient for optimal resection alignment, implant function, and longevity. Competitive designs require resecting through nylon cutting slots; this can create particulate debris in the joint. Prophecy® guides, however, are fully compatible with standard instrumentation and have built in housing for the metal cutting guides to provide precise, clean resections. More accurate and precise alignment in a solution that can increase surgical efficiency and reduce overall operative and turnover time.
THE PROPHECY® GUIDES PROCESS
1. The patient receives a CT or MRI scan following the Prophecy® guides protocol.
2. Virtual preoperative alignment is performed according to surgeon preferences.
3. The surgical plan is approved by the surgeon via the Prophecy® preoperative navigation guides website. The surgeon may alter the plan if they wish.
4. Prophecy® patient-specific resection guides are manufactured and shipped.
5. The guides align the resection guides to predetermined angles that are oriented to provide the bone cuts and rotation necessary for producing either neutral mechanical axis alignment or an alignment of the surgeon’s choosing.
PROPHECY® NAVIGATION GUIDES
To minimize the risk of patient dissatisfaction and implant failure, Prophecy® pre-operative navigation guides deliver more repeatedly accurate resections for optimal function and balanced loading to the prosthesis. This is essential because patient satisfaction and implant survivorship are directly linked to accurate alignment of the prosthetic components in total knee arthroplasty. Studies show the probability of revision surgery at fifteen years with accurate alignment is 4.7%.1-6 However, the rate drastically increases to 54% with malalignment.1-6 Prophecy® guides can make a measurable difference.
PROPHECY® GAP BALANCING SYSTEM
To provide the surgeon with a more accurate simulation of optimum final implant placement and correction of joint imbalance before any femoral resections are performed, the Prophecy® gap balancing system offers balancing-oriented devices and tensioners that overcome potential limitations of standard instrumentation. The value of this superior gap balancing is illustrated by literature that shows nearly half of all knee revisions can be attributed to a cause that can be prevented with correct gap balancing.1-3